Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Prom dress shopping
So, the other day I get an email from Lord and Taylor saying there are lots of prom dresses for sale. I'm happy because my daughter needs a prom dress. I am canny enough, for once, to remember that I had an email link to some coupons from Lord and Taylor, so I print them. Sunday, my daughter and I went, coupon in hand, and she tried on 17 dresses. She chose the 17th as THE one. The dress needed altering, so the saleswoman kindly called the alteration department, which sent up the only tailor on duty that day, Tommy. Tommy, from Naples and here in the US 40 years, measured and tucked, and blew his chalk gun on the skirt to mark a new hemline. It sure was nicer than going to TJMaxx.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.
Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.
Post a Comment