Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Seeing Eye to Eye
So I go to the eye doctor today. And I steel myself -- as everyone else in America does I'm sure -- to not get annoyed at having to fill out form after form and once again submit the same insurance card though there has been no change in years. There was, however, a new form, on purple paper that I had to fill in. I picked up the pencil on the counter and got halfway through when the nurselady told me to quit using the pencil and use the pen. I asked why. She said because the pencil could be erased. I asked who would possibly want to erase my form. She didn't answer and said, "All forms need to be filled out in pen." Oh, that's right, I forgot it's illegal to use a pencil. Oh, yes, and you can't cross out with a pen. A one hour wait to see the doctor. At least I had brought a book. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There's a reason no one ever says, "The PEN is mightier than the sword."
I meant, of course, "the PENCIL." Duh.
Post a Comment