Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Dinner in Rocky Hill
So last night, we went to dinner at One53, the new joint in Rocky Hill. It wasn't horrible. I don't eat seafood, so the chef was obliging enough to make me a mushroom risotto instead of the seafood risotto on the menu. It wasn't really risotto so much as yellow rice with small chunks of mushroom. My daughter had the grilled Caesar salad, in which they briefly grill the lettuce before dressing it. All was well with that part, but at the next table, one of the patrons ordered the same salad, but ended up sending it back because there was a bug in it. That sort of finished my daughter's enjoyment of her salad. The busboy was totally attentive, filling the water glasses, etc., but the waitress was not attentive, which was a bit annoying. When Rich received his entree, he was ready for red wine with it, but the waitress did not come and did not come. We had to flag down another server to get him to find our server. Sigh. After dinner, I went to the loo. They are unisex there, so I went to the one on the right. There was pee on the floor. I left and spoke to the owner saying, You should really think about making the restrooms single sex because there was pee on the floor and women don't pee on the floor. He said he was sorry and that he would clean it up. I said, well, if you had separate restrooms, then women wouldn't have to deal with men's pee. He said, "I'm sorry it affected you this way." What a stupid comment. Will I go back? Maybe. I suppose any restaurant could have bugs in the salad and pee on the floor. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was so funny...hahahaha!! i loved it...i would have been furious about teh service and total experience but asked if i would go back i would have probablly answered the same "sure.."
Post a Comment